Friday, August 7, 2009

First Meeting for Assignment 1

We had our first meeting for assignment 1, via the chat room. I thought it went quite well. I was worried that with the clunky nature of the chat room that it might be difficult to come up with consensus, but we did agree on a starting idea, so that is great. Now I need to do some research, so we can come up with a proposal for Roy. I will need to use the journal data base which I find daunting, but if I am going to be a librarian I had better learn quick!

I have managed to get some volunteer work at Santa Sabina, I'm looking forward to this as I am hoping it will give me some experience that I can use when applying for a job.

I have found the reading on Power Structure and Culture (Bennet), virtually unreadable - why be so abstract, when we are talking about a very real thing - a school and its teachers and students? I've only got into the first 10 pages. Maybe it will get better.

2 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know I found the Bennett reading quite draining too.
    Kate Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate - It feels better not to be the only one.

    ReplyDelete